- Course Materials
- Contact Info
- Art Report
- Project 1
- Project 2
- Project 3
- Research Binder
- Public Site
- Spring 2013
- Spring 2014
Title of Event: Time Travelers Ball
Date and time of event: 2/26/15 at 12’oclock
Location of Event: Samek Art Gallery
Type of Event: Fashion Show
1) Provide a brief detail-oriented technical description or summary of the event you attended.
This event was a showcase of wearable art created by each different engineering discipline. Each major was tasked with creating outfits that illustrated the past, present, and future of the major. The outfits ranged in complexity from clothes with items glued/taped on them, to those made with cardboard structures, lights, etc.
2) Use the section below to write a well-structured paragraph focusing on your personal critical insight / response to the event. How did you interpret or react to what was presented to you?
I was very impressed by the work that I saw during the event. Most people do not think of engineers as being creative in the artistic sense, however clear effort and creativity went into the construction of many of the outfits. Additionally, each major had chosen music that they walked down the runway to and many had choreographed, or at least practiced their walk. Since this was the first time this event has been held, it was also interesting to see how each major interpreted the event and the task at hand.
3) What information, ideas, images, etc. most impressed you and why?
I was most impressed by the ability to create wearable art that all of the engineers displayed.
4) Overall, how would you rate this event (10 being the most worthwhile)?
(10 / 9 / 8 / 7 / 6 / 5 / 4 / 3 / 2 / 1 )
5) Justify your rating in the question above:
Overall I really enjoyed the event and thought that a lot of work was put in by most of the participants. The only reason I am not rating this event as a 10 is because there were one or two majors who did not put as much work into it as others.